Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Asshole of the Day - The Broadway Asshole - Headshots and Resumes!

I took the NJ Transit line today, because I just happened to have the extra .70 today and decided I was going to splurge so I can get some air conditioning, a driver that doesn't talk on his cell phone, cushioned seating, and a little light that shines right on my book (currently The Zombie Combat Manual...I still have some interviews I need to grab.)

So I get on and I walk down the runway and take my seat.  I take my book out and start reading.  There was a lady sitting on my left side a row behind me, I could see her with my 20-20 peripheral; they are doing that thing were they talk just loud enough to have someone either think "oh!  I wonder what they do....oh!" or have someone ask them, "oh!  What do you girls, do!"  To which someone fed their ego, this older gentleman and they replied, "oh we're on Broadway," and they continued to talk.

Look, I'm not going to take anything away from them, it's hard work to get on B-way, but a lot of things are hard work.  The bus was not even that crowded for them to be praising themselves so much.  At this point, I would have preferred them sitting there, stage ready in their costumes; that would have been less  distracting.

So they go on talking about their one friend who is "inconsiderate" of her family because she auditioned for a traveling show and her husband "must feel emasculated"  because he can't get a gig....blah, blah, blah great friends right?!  The best line was "She's a girl, I can't even call her a woman...."

That's precisely when I posted on facebook; I knew I had a sure asshole.  Oh how badly I wanted to turn around and just take pictures...but I couldn't, knowing them they would have smiled, even if I said this is going on my asshole of the day blog, they would have given me their headshots and resumes!

So then this broadway asshole reveals that it's her last day on Saturday at a show on 45th st.  Her boss' son or brother is Michael Schumacher.... so I changed my seat and looked back to see what she looked like and I thought, "Ok maybe she's in Shrek...or some circus show..."  the whole time making herself sound so grandiose.


Anyhow a phone conversation with her broadway friend who is straight but researching for a gay role at Fire Island............and we're off the bus.

"She's right behind me!  I took some video but that's not enough!  I know I didn't get her, I got her friend.  OK, you have to slow down and just get one shot, even if it's not good, even if it's blurry, give people a visual. "

I snapped away, but remember I have a droid, so it doesn't take fast pictures.  Here she is.

Turns out she works in the musical the Lion King...Yah, I do my research for everything I do.  lol.  I couldn't get a face pic off their page because it's under construction and I have to work too! ;-)

Moral:  Don't talk about yourself, at least not loud in public, you may have just made someone's day in a way you didn't want to!

(if I find her name, I will tag this to her...imagine googling yourself and finding yourself on this blog-)





























No comments:

Post a Comment